The EmotionIMX workshop will be held during the ACM IMX 2022 conference. More precisely, it will happen on June 22nd afternoon, in hybrid format.
- 2pm – Welcome & introduction
- 2.10pm – Session 1: Physiosignals
- Keynote: Yann Frachi, Co-founder & CEO of Ovomind, “Investigating Emotional Induction Strategies in Video Games“
- Mayur Jartarkar, Ashish Sinha, Riddhesh Sawant, Mahak Kothari, and Veeky Baths, “Novel EEG Features for Consumer Emotion Prediction using Correlation-Based Subset Selection”
- Sowmya Vijayakumar, Ronan Flynn, and Niall Murray, “CNN-based Emotion Recognition from Multimodal Peripheral Physiological Signals”
- (3.30pm – Coffee break)
- 3.45pm – Session 2: Facial expression recognition
- Keynote: Hui Yu, Professor at the University of Portsmouth and leader of the Visual Computing Group, “Sensing Emotions from Facial Expression for Human Machine Interaction”
- Emmanuel V. B. Sampaio, Lucie Lévêque, Matthieu Perreira Da Silva, and Patrick Le Callet, “Are Facial Expression Recognition Algorithms Reliable in the Context of Interactive Media? A New Metric to Analyse Their Performance”
- 5pm – Session 3: Experience(s)
- Franck Techer, Mercedes Bueno-Garcia, and Ebru Dogan, “Using autonomous vehicle HMI to improve the emotional state through a reevaluation of the driving situation”
- Mona Le Coz, Lucie Lévêque, Matthieu Perreira Da Silva, and Patrick Le Callet, “From Olfaction to Emotions: An Interactive and Immersive Experience”
- 5.45pm – Final discussion & wrap-up
CEO & co-founder OVOMIND, PhD Candidate, Media & Arts Technology Queen Mary, University of London
Entrepreneur since 10 years now, passionate about science and technology. Founder of OVOMIND: an Affective Computing (Neuroscience and IoT) startup founded in Japan in 2019 and selected in 2021 by Conception X as Venture PhD. OVOMIND has the mission to add a new interactive dimension in HMIs with an emotional layer through the Cloud. Yann has started a MAT PhD at QMUL in 2020 to go further in his entrepreneurial project.
Professor, University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Hui Yu is a Professor with the University of Portsmouth, UK. He is the Head of the Visual Computing Group at the university. He is an Industrial Fellowship of the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK. His main research interest lies in visual computing, particularly in understanding and sensing emotion and the visual information of human related area, which involves and develops knowledge and technologies in vision, machine learning, virtual reality, brain-computer interaction, and robotics. Professor Yu’s research work has led to several awards and successful collaboration with worldwide institutions and industries. Prof. Yu is the PI on grants from a diverse range of funding sources including the EPSRC, EU FP7, RAEng, Royal Society, Innovate UK and Industry. He serves as Associated Editor of IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems and IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems journal. He is also the President of the Chinese Automation and Computing Society in the UK.